Friday, May 1, 2009

Photography

I've always been interested in Photography. Most people are, as it is a common interest - especially with the prices of point-and-shoot digital cameras going down. I can't help but be one of those die hard stick-in-the-muds and say that I like film better. The film vs. digital war is as common as Coke vs. Pepsi or PCs vs. Macs. There is no one right answer or opinion, but everyone will still argue their points.


Back to photography... So after Architecture school I decided that I wanted to spend more money on schooling and learn photography. There are fields of photography that I could never get into, and am amazed at those photographers who venture into wedding photography, portrait photography and sports photography. Kudos to all of you in that field who love it! My course had us touch upon all aspects and fields of photography, and I just could not grasp those three. That is one thing people don't realize, that just because you are a photographer doesn't mean you excel in every field. Every time someone asks me about portraits and weddings, I send them off to friends of mine who specialize in those fields.


I drove my cousin mad while visiting her in Austria, making her wait while I took just "one more quick photo" of something interesting. You don't have to go outside of the country to get great photos, but I can't help but feel that photos of something a little out of the ordinary, or a little different from what you're used to, are the ones that catch your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment