Monday, May 11, 2009

CS4

Last Wednesday I attended an all day seminar on CS4 - the newest Adobe Photoshop. The name of the seminar was Photoshop for Photographers, and each of the five classes were about different things you can do with your photos. It was very interesting because I have never altered any of my own photos for my website, just photos for recreational purposes and photos owned by an architectural firm I worked at.

The speaker opened a new door of options I never considered for my own photos. I tend to feel that if you alter your photograph more than just dodging, burning, and things of the sort - it enters the art world and leaves the photography world. It seemed that the speaker at the seminar had the same feelings. He would refer to his heavily photoshopped images as "illustrations" instead of photos.

I've decided that I'm going to work with some of my photos and see what I come up with. I have a new note on my website that says my photos are not altered or photoshopped unless otherwise noted - this way it is clear which photos are originals, and which are so called "illustrations".

I'm excited to see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment